Saturday, April 24, 2010

Happy Saturday!!

Morning all...

I hope everyone has been enjoying the first couple of weeks of Spring. It has been typical Early Spring weather here in VA. The cars, yard, & front porch are covered in yellow pollen. All the weeds have shown their ugly heads from out lawns as if they are Poltergeists. (I hate them) Although the other Spring occurance that I hate worst than weeds in the yard are the freakin' Ants that come into the house!!! OMGosh, I hate them crawling all over my counters. The other day I discovered a little spot on my counter that lead to a beautiful, fragrant dish of those little smelly rocks you can get to make the house not smell like a poopy diaper. (o.k., maybe my house is the only one that smells like a diaper pail at times. :o) O.K... so back to the smelly dish... Well, I checked out the reason why they were going to the dish. I didn't think it was because of the rocks....and I was right. One of the Daycare kids threw some of their food into the rocks!!  Grrrr. Oh well, a kid is a kid. ;o}

**Update** I did WI and Measure this week and I was pretty astonished as well as very pleased.  Since January 2010, I have lost 74 lbs and 43 total inches!!!  I spoke with my Health Coach on Tuesday as we always do. Cheryl was and always is so excited and supportive. I can't imagine not having her in my life through this journey. She has such a kind, giving heart. Always willing to be there for me when I need her. Cheryl in her own life is so busy with family, Her very successful TSFL/MF business and travel, but She is always available no matter where She is.  I see my Dr. in 3 weeks for a check up and to talk to him about some concerns since losing the weight. The last time He saw me was in Jan. when I started the program and I had lost 20+ lbs then. I can't wait to see his reaction at this appt. Dr Marcal has been very supportive of my program from the beginning. In Dec '09, He and I talked about Bariatric Surgery and He referred me to a Surgeon and I was ready to pick up the phone to make an appointment, but something stopped me and I am so glad now that I didn't do it.

We have had a good April so far. With the expected little repairs to the house. One day the kitchen faucet exploded on me, so Nelson replaced the faucet and I love it. (If you can love a faucet) Also, on the same day the door knob broke off in Nelson's hand. We bought a lawn mower for the first time since being in the house. I always had a landscaper do it for us, but had to let them go.  I love to mow the lawn. It really is like therapy for me. Well I had to replace the food addictions with something! ;o}

So, all in all we are doing well here and lovin' VA.
Until next time......hugs and love,

No comments:

Post a Comment