Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Hey Ya'll!!!!

Sorry it's been so long since I have posted here.  The good thing about not being here, is that I have much to write about.


I will start out by telling you, I was away trying to design a website!  It's not easy!  I am one of those kind of people that likes order, clean lines, no mess or clutter. I thought to myself, I'm an intelligent woman even though I spend my days and nights with kids who have a limited vocabulary...lol      I convinced myself that I could design a website on my own.  HA HA HAA HAAAA!  I bought a package from Go Daddy.com  because they tote themselves as having the simplest way to get on-line quickly. Well, I just called them and asked for my money back!!!  I worked on it for a week, and all I got from it was frustration.  So, I have this beautiful Blog that Chelsea designed for me and I am a happy girl!  My advice, unless you KNOW what you are doing, leave it to the professionals!! No wonder they get the big bucks for designing a site. 


Well, I can't remember the last time I reported my "numbers" for my weight loss. I haven't done measurements in a month, but my last Weigh-In (WI) day was Tuesday, and I have lost 68 lbs in 12 wks!!!  I have had 5 people this week as me about what I am doing. When I went to my Podiatrist's office yesterday, He asked me if I was feeling o.k.  I said of course, doing well. Then that led him to ask me if I have been on a weight-loss program because for the month that I have been coming into his office, his Nurse and Receptionist noticed and wanted to ask me if I was losing weight but didn't want to offend me. LOL    
Medifast has been THE best program I have ever been on. I don't feel like I am missing out on certain foods (o.k., that's a little white lie....I want a big juicy burger w/ fries, baby!) The food tastes really great after some trial and error and flavor/spice additions.  I can honestly say that I have not slipped back once in the 12 wks. I have been 100% on plan, all the time!! 


The hardest things that I had to give up are:


All Bread... (and that's tough for this Italian girl)
Milk products... (yea, that means my weakness...Ice Cream)
Sweet Tea... (awww, man...Splenda IS NOT the same)
Fruit...(I love me some fruit)


The Best things I can now do:


I can now sleep laying flat in the bed...For 5 yrs, I have had to sleep sitting/propped up because I couldn't breathe.
I can climb the stairs at Home...  I used to climb any stairs with pain in my back, feet and knees and I was extremly winded once I reached the top.
I feel energetic and I don't need a nap in the afternoons just to re-charge.  I chase the kids now and wear them out!!!
I don't have to adjust the seat in the car all the way back. I fit behind the wheel now, no problem!


I do seriously need to buy some new pants though. I am always pulling them up! Fortunatly, I had at least 8 blouses/tops that I bought a year ago that I got home and realized that I could not wear.  Now,they are either fitting perfectly or are baggy. (not complaining)  :o)


That's all for tonight....Check back soon, now that I am not trying to build a website, I have time to update here!
                    

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed reading your update! It was fun seeing the list of things that you can now do since losing 68 (!!!) pounds. The exciting thing is that the list will just continue grow as you continue to shrink :-). It's a joy to be a part of your journey with Take Shape for Life.

    Blessings,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete