Monday, March 15, 2010

Originally posted 2/12/10

Hey Y'all......

Welcome to my first attempt at a blog. In December 2009, I hit a milestone in any woman's life that some consider the reason to hang up their attempts at a successful life and prepare for the inevitable trip to the retirement home. What am I talking about, you ask? The dreaded milestone of hitting age 50~~
Well, I had a whole year to prepare for that day. I planned, researched and talked with who ever I could talk to to help me make the decisions to how I was going to live Chapter 2 of my fabulous life.

The biggest hurdle I knew I had to overcome was my health. Being overweight my entire life, and trying every single program available in the USA, I finally found the life-preserver I have been looking for...     MEDIFAST!!!

First, I know it started with me...changing my mind-set, believing in myself and finally making the decision to change my health....for Chapter 2 of my life.
In the first 30 days being on MEDIFAST, I have lost 29 lbs!!! I checked in this morning with my wonderful Dr. just to be sure I was on the right track and if I needed to adjust anything to keep my success moving. He was so happy with my progress and so happy that I didn't decide to go the LapBand route. You see....In Oct. '09, I was desperate and willing to do just about anything to lose weight. He put me in touch with a Bariatric Surgeon and I was ready to get on the table and let them do what they had to do. I am so glad that I didn't go that direction.

Each milestone of loss, I will be posting new pictures to show my progress. I hope that you follow me and help me celebrate the new me I know I am going to be!
This blog will also be used to document the other ups & downs of life, Finding Joy In The Journey!!

No comments:

Post a Comment